I’ll be honest, I have been sort of lazy about blogging lately. Job applications and finishing up an internship report are kind of taking up all of my creative energy and by the end of the day I’m just happy if I can whip something up that tastes good.
If you ever find yourself not wanting to spend a lot of time in the kitchen, but craving something garlic-flavored, here is an easy and healthy recipe to enjoy (and it’s completely vegan): roasted garlic!
An entire beautiful head of garlic
Olive oil (about 1 tbs / garlic head)
1. Preheat oven to 200C (400F).
2. Peel the outside skin of the garlic, exposing all the individual cloves.
3. Chop off the top of all the cloves with your favorite knife, exposing the interior of all of them.
4. Get a small oven-safe dish out. Place a small sheet of aluminum foil on it.
5. Place the garlic on the tin foil and drizzle the whole thing with some olive oil, trying to get the oil on every clove.
6. Put in the oven and cook for 35-45 minutes, or until the tops start to become golden.
7. Remove from oven, let cool enough so you don’t burn your mouth, and then scoop each clove out with a spoon.